SSH tunneling via Expandrive/Transmit problem

biggieuk

Hi all,

I am using a MAC to tunnel to the servers at my work so that I can work from home.

I am using http://coccinellida.sourceforge.net/ to firstly tunnel into the work server then create a local alias at localhost port 2000.

I am then able to use Filezilla to SFTP to localhost:2000 using my username and password.  I want to be able to create a local drive so that I can work with the files in my code IDE.

I tried ExpanDrive and Transmit, both won't connect to the same localhost connection that Filezilla will connect to.  Expandrive gives no errors but Transmit says permission denied.

Anybody have an idea how to sort this problem out so that i can mount the sftp as a local drive?

Thank you for your help

• 1 month later...

You could always try to do an NFS mount. Network File System (NFS) allows you to mount remote shares on your system. However, that being said, you'd have to tunnel the NFS ports just like you do with other web services, and it also requires a pretty stable and strong connection, depending on the files. The other option, does your IDE have SFTP? If it does, why wouldn't you use SSH/SFTP instead? Your IDE should show you a file structure and etc, so you can edit / create new files and such. Theres' tons of great IDE's out there, but I prefer UltraEdit and always have. It's fast, simple, has all the features I need. http://UltraEdit.com

Good Luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.