Posting array values in MySQL

buchberg

Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) PHP/5.3.5

I've tried this for awhile, and it is killing me.  Any help would be appreciated.  All I want to do is take checkbox input (from a form), sent to to the server side (?????). 

Everything is on a local machine.  Im a noob, so be nice please.  I'm posting to MySQL, but the value shows the word (Array).  I'm having trouble with the 'foreach' function of an array.  Any help is appreciated.  I have (3) of these arrays.  If I can get one, the rest should be the same format.

$bid_status = $_POST['bid_status'];

var_dump($bid_status);

foreach ($_POST['bid_status'] =>$v_bs

??????? No idea.  I want to post the array value into the below sql 'INSERT into $table_name.....

(bid_status) would be my column name for the database-it is there and connecting.

However, VALUES ($_POST['bid_status']) posts the word (Array).  I want the checkbox values.  There are

4 of them similar to below.  Thank you in advance, and have a good day....

<INPUT TYPE=\"checkbox\" NAME=\"bid_status[]\" Value=\"spec\"><small><small>CMS</small></small>

$db_name="projects_bid_dates";

$table_name="project_status";

$connection=mysql_connect("localhost", "user", "password") or die (mysql_error());

$db=mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection) or die (mysql_error());

//line 34

$sql="INSERT INTO $table_name

(project_name, bid_date, bid_status, engineer, contractor, equipment, comments) VALUES

('$_POST[project_name]','$_POST[bid_date]', '$_POST[bid_status]','$_POST[engineer]', '$_POST[contractor]', '$_POST[equipment]', '$_POST[comments]')";

$result=mysql_query($sql, $connection) or die (mysql_error());

Typically rather than imploding an array's values and storing it in one row, you would have a new row for each value, and link them back to the parent row with an ID.

You also have the foreach() syntax wrong in your example.

foreach($array AS $key=>$value){}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.