Preg matching multiple things on 1 webpage?

sphinx

Hello,

I basically host a radio and want to preg_match the important information onto another website. Up until now, I file_get_contents like 4 times and preg_matched but required the site to be grabbed like 5 times before it even loaded. The information I want is something like this:

20120829.202849.png

I tested something like this:

<?php
$page_contents = file_get_contents("http://sitewherethepageaboveislocated.co.uk");
$matches = array();
preg_match('/([0-9]+) of 50/', $page_contents, $matches); //current listeners
preg_match('~Kadio :.*?)</b>~i',$page_contents, $matches2); //what DJ is playing
echo $matches[0];
echo $matches2[0];
?>

But it seems to be overly complicated when trying to preg_match loads of factors, is this the only way to do it?

thanks

Depending on the page there could be easier ways of doing it. If it's well-formed HTML then you can read it through DOMDocument. For instance, with

Server Status:
Server is currently up and private

you could do a getElementById("server-status") to get that TD node. More complicated would be a getElementsByTagName, and worse would be manually traversing the hierarchy (ie, through childNodes and such). But IMO all three are preferable to regular expressions.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.