Sending Multiple Checkbox Arrays To Email

kinotwins

Hi All. Trying to launch my own realtor web page. I'm new with PHP so plz forgive my ignorance. I created a form New Home criteria.

$Bedrooms = $_POST['num_beds'];

$Bathrooms = $_POST['num_baths'];

$BuildingType = $_POST['bldg_type_id'];

$MinimumPrice = $_POST['min_price'];

$MaximumPrice = $_POST['max_price'];

etc...

Where I'm stuck is on the Neighborhoods. My form has a field that says "Choose your desired Neighborhood." When a particular city is selected - Scottsdale, for example the onclick="showBlock('area_Scottsdale', this.checked) displays specific Neighborhoods of the respective city. I'd like people to be able to select Neighborhoods from any/all of the 4 (for now) cities - Scottsdale, FH, PV, PHX

On the form each city/neighborhood is listed as such:

Scottsdale:

<input type="checkbox" name="Scottsdale" value="SC" onclick="showBlock('area_Scottsdale', this.checked)">

<input id="ScChkbox0" name="Scottsdale[]" type="checkbox" value="Scottsdale 1"><label for="ScChkbox0"> Scottsdale 1</label>

<input id="ScChkbox1" name="Scottsdale[]" type="checkbox" value="Scottsdale 2"><label for="ScChkbox1"> Scottsdale 2</label>

<input id="ScChkbox9" name="Scottsdale[]" type="checkbox" value="Scottsdale 10"><label for="ScChkbox9"> Scottsdale 10</label>

FH

<input type="checkbox" name="Fountain" value="FH" onclick="showBlock('area_Fountain', this.checked)">

<input id="FHChkbox0" name="Fountain[]" type="checkbox" value="FH 1"><label for="FHChkbox0"> FH 1</label>

<input id="FHChkbox1" name="Fountain[]" type="checkbox" value="FH 2"><label for="FHChkbox1"> FH 2</label>

<input id="FHChkbox9" name="Fountain[]" type="checkbox" value="FH 10"><label for="FHChkbox9"> FH 10</label>

etc....

I don't have anything for the Neighborhhods on the PHP side yet. After doing some research, I think I need to implode but I don't know how to script it. Any help is appreciated. Thx

Besides actually needing to, you should change the checkbox names to something easier to deal with. Like

<input type="checkbox" name="neighborhoods[scottsdale][top] value="SC" onclick="showBlock('area_Scottsdale', this.checked)">
<input id="ScChkbox0" name="neighborhoods[scottsdale][]" type="checkbox" value="Scottsdale 1"><label for="ScChkbox0"> Scottsdale 1</label>
<input id="ScChkbox1" name="neighborhoods[scottsdale][]" type="checkbox" value="Scottsdale 2"><label for="ScChkbox1"> Scottsdale 2</label>
<input id="ScChkbox9" name="neighborhoods[scottsdale][]" type="checkbox" value="Scottsdale 10"><label for="ScChkbox9"> Scottsdale 10</label>

Now $_POST["neighborhoods"] will look like

array(
   "Scottsdale" => array(
       "top" => "SC", // checked Scottsdale
       0 => "Scottsdale 1", // checked #1
       1 => "Scottsdale 10" // checked #10
   )
)

You can look at just the [number] items to see the neighborhoods but if they didn't check any then all you'll have is the [top]. You can do whatever you'd like with that.

[edit] For instance,

foreach ($_POST["neighborhoods"] as $place => $options) {
   // they checked $place
   if (count($options) == 1 && key($options) == "top") {
       // they didn't check any of the sub-things
   } else {
       // they checked some
       unset($options["top"]); // don't need this
       // implode() on $options would be a reasonable idea
   }
}

Edited by requinix

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.