Login Validation Is Skipping A Check.

White_Lily

So you don't care that Sony (or whomever) leaks your credit card information, including CVC2 and everything. Just as long as they display the games you can buy properly?

The point of making sure you follow the proper coding principles is to avoid something bad happening, before it happens, not to tack on something after the fact. That's like making sure there are enough life boats and jackets on a boat, after it has sunk; The whole point would be moot by then.

Also, you're most likely not going to notice whenever someone's breached your (severely lacking) security either. Not unless they do enough damage to stop the site from working, or if they post something publicly that gets picked up by the media.

Lastly: If you don't want to listen to, and follow, the advice we give you, we should we spend our own free time to try to help you?

Because im only posting here if something ive written doesnt work - therefore i care about fixing it... (ive said this so many times now that clearly you lot arent listening either)

I only wanted to know why the script was skipping a check and how i can fix it, then i get all this crap because of the way i do things >_> No one is the same so just give over >_< Plus if i didnt appreciate the help then i wouldnt of posted here in the first place.

Edited by White_Lily

I take pride in my work, and the profession I've chosen. I have no intent in perpetuating, or otherwise being party to, poor workmanship. There is way too much of it in this business already, and it reflects badly upon us all.

Would you want a carpenter that didn't really care about guidelines, rules or regulations, to build your house? Or call him out on something, only to have him reply with "that's how I've always done it, and I haven't had a house fall down yet. I'll fix it if something happens though, so no worries." Would that give you a good feeling of confidence, or would you prefer someone who actually cares to do a proper job out of it?

You should take pride in your job as well, otherwise you are basically cheating your customers and yourself.

It's OK, I got a bit of time to waste at the moment. It was, however, my last post to her. Unless she turns over a new leaf, and demonstrate that we are indeed not just wasting our time. Then I might re-evaluate my position.

Anyway, hopefully it's at least helpful to someone else who sees this thread, and wonder why we (I) have the position we have.

In any case, it's not my loss. I'm just getting ready to go to sleep soon, early day tomorrow with firefighting drills. :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.