How Do I Get Symlinked Files To 'php Include' From Target Directory?

JetJagger

Thank you in advance...

1) I have a directory called /construct/ located here above web root:

/home/xxxx/construct/

2) I have the /construct/ directory symlinked to multiple subdomains so the path looks like so:

/home/xxxx/public_html/sampleaccount/construct/

(wherein 'sampleaccount' is a subdomain)

*NOTE: All directories and files in each subdomain are identical except for a few account-specific customization files.

3) /construct/ contains files that use <?php include ?> to pull-in content files from a directory called /bodyCopy/ which is located inside every subdomain account. For example:

<?php include("/bodyCopy/copy-content.php"); ?>

..is intended to point to a file here...

/home/xxxx/public_html/sampleaccount/bodyCopy/copy-content.php

The issue that I am having is that the PHP Include file is trying to search here:

/home/xxxx/construct/bodyCopy/

(which does not exist)

...instead of here...

/home/xxxx/public_html/sampleaccount/bodyCopy/

(which does exist)

...for this file...

copy-content.php

I read somewhere that symlinked files are not capable of following relative paths in the directories to which they are symlinked. Even so, I have symlinked FCKEditor/CKEditor to subdomain accounts been able to pull copy-content.php files into it which are specific to its subdomain account.

Is there a way to eloquently force or command the PHP Include (within the symlinked files) to search the /bodyCopy/ directory within the target subdomain(s) instead of the source directory above web root?

Once again, I thank you all in advance for any assistance that you can provide.

--JET--

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.