Php Link In Cron With Variables

dre2007

Is there somebody who can help me out with my issue?

I would like to start a cron job ( schedules task ) in linux which directs to a PHP website.

The link that has to load every 10 minutes is:

http://sub.domein.eu/cron/index.php?/Tickets/TicketsMinute/GeneralTasks

As you can see, after the "php?" it continues with: /Tickets/TicketsMinute/GeneralTasks

The cron job in ISPConfig doesn't execute the above ( entire link ) command, as I think the last part /Tickets/TicketsMinute/GeneralTasks is not being recognised as a URL.

If I enter the URL in my browser, everything works fine, so nothing is wrong with the script.

Would you please tell me what the part: /Tickets/TicketsMinute/GeneralTasks includes?

Any information would be appreciated and please be advised, I am a newb in PHP ( as you already discovered I assume :-) )

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure running PHP as a cron would probably be more in tune with running it as a CLI type script, this is kind of out of my area, but it would probably be best to run it as such.

The command would be: php {script_file_name} arg1 arg2 etc...

So maybe pass it as: php /path/to/index.php Tickets TicketMinute GeneralTasks

vardump $argv:

array(4) {
[0]=>
string(9) "index.php"
[1]=>
string(7) "Tickets"
[2]=>
string(12) "TicketMinute"
[3]=>
string(12) "GeneralTasks"
}

There may be other solutions, cURL perhaps? or other forum users may have better insight since I have yet to utilize cron jobs.

That and I am not sure if you plan on making the variables dynamic maybe?

If the real problem is that the query string is being lost, double-check the crontab entry. A question mark may have a special meaning.

Running it as a CLI script would be better but you'd have to make a couple code changes if there isn't support for it already. You can't pass URL arguments into a command-line script directly; you'd have to grab them from $argv and set them manually. Actually you'd have to fake a few things, mostly in $_SERVER, if the code expects this to be an HTTP request.

Hello DarkerAngel,

Thanks for the prompt reply, much appreciated.

However, as I am a noob I don't quite understand the above... Sorry

However, I fixed my problem.

I had to use wget from the CMD line in Linux: wget http://link.to.website.com/index.php?/Tickets/TicketsMinute/GeneralTasks

I kept trying it to run in ISPConfig but there is something wrong with that, ( I think a shell user has to be enabled ).

However, I will now manually add the WGET cronjob in Linux.

Well, I understand this is going off topic so if a moderator reads this then please feel free to remove it, else, I hope that someone else can do something with this information just like me. :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.