Php - Select & Update Statement To Return And Update A Multi Dimensional Array

Wildhalf

I Have asked on stack overflow but im not getting a good answer so decided to come here.

I am a learn as you go php programmer.... but think i am a bit out data by the looks of things any way if you look at the following question it will show you what i am trying to do

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13238787/php-select-update-statement-to-return-and-update-a-multi-dimensional-array

&

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13117872/php-rotate-and-adding-to-an-array

thanks in advance to anyone who can help

Even after reading both the stack overflow threads, I haven't the foggiest idea what it is you're after.  Perhaps if you better explain your end goal and why exactly you want to do what you are trying to do someone could better understand what you want and offer help.

Kicken, Sorry for being so confusing.

Basically i am building a rotator script.

Here is how my database looks:

rotator.png

both id & fb_user_id are unique for every entry.

What i am doing is building a kind of affiliate system with signup page with a form. I am rotating the sponsors link on the page so they are in order related to who joined first. When someone gets a signup they are put on the end of the rotation again untill they have say 2 signups.

So when a new user signs up via the rotator page the order goes from

fb_user_id - oder

1 - 1

2 - 2

3 - 3

to this

fb_user_id - oder

1 - 4

2 - 1

3 - 2

4 - 3

so the new member goes in 3rd in line and the person who referred them goes in right behind them in 4th unless that had been there 2nd signup in this case they will no longer be in the rotation.

Do you have any more questions?? Hope this makes it a bit clearer

Are you simply trying to rotate the array?

You marked your first link in SO as solved. The second link seems like a similar problem so i'm not exactly sure what the specific issue is.

Are you trying to rotate the array you get when you retrieve the 'order' column?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.