Converting Values Inside An Array Into A String

pioneerx01

I am trying to get my values inside the array to be used in foreach function both as a text value and as a string. How to I make them do both?

$variables = array("first_name", "last_name");

foreach ($variables as $variable)

{

$variable = passthrough($_POST['$variable'])

echo "<input type='hidden' name='$variable' value='$variable'>";

}

Notes:

passthrough is one of my pre-difined functions

the $variable should be an actual string in the name of the variable. In this case $first_name, $last_name

Thanks

Edited by pioneerx01

No, list will not do what I am looking for. I thought that I was not explaining this well enough, so let me take another stab at it. I know the logic of what I am about to explain will be a little off; but the answer you give me will help me with my "large coding picture" more efficently.

Lets say that I have the following strings defined earlier in the code before the array:

$a = "yellow";

$a_not = "not yellow"

$b = "green";

$b_not = "not green";

Now I have this array:

$myterms = array("a", "b");

Now I want to use each one of the terms in the array as a string in order to call on to the data that was defined earlier. If everything works as I would like it to, the (two) result should look like this:

[1] my color of choice is yellow, but this apple is not yellow.

[2] my color of choice is green, but this apple is not green.

The terms in red are actually the strings that have been defined earlier and they are all related to a and b terms in the array, but used as ($a and $a_not for [1]) and ($b and $b_not for [2])

Is there a way to do something like that?

why you use array? variable can directly print here...

I know, but there is more going on here than what I explained. If I can get the color example working I can get my more complex code working. This is just an overly simplistic way of looking at it. The entire goal is to get the variables a and b in the string acting as $a, $a_not and &b, &b_not.

Ok, I have figured it out. This code seems to do exactly what is described above:

$a = "yellow";

$a_not = "not yellow";

$b = "green";

$b_not = "not green";

$variables = array("a", "b");

foreach ($variables as $variable)

{

$not = "_not";

$not_variable = "$variable$not";

echo "The color of choice is "; print $$variable; echo ", but this apple is "; print $$not_variable; echo "<br/> ";

}

I feel funny using $$ but it seems to do the trick. Any potential problems that I can face using this method?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.