Hello,

I can't achieve what I am looking to do here:

<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Weekend Challenge</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php
\\*if month = december and day = 23rd and time=19:00-23:59 echo "Good Evening, tomorrow is Christmas Eve!"
or if month = december and day = 24th and time=19:00-23:59 echo "Good Evening, tomorrow is Christmas Day!"
else echo "It's not Christmas so too bad - it's just another 7 day working week!"*\\
?>
</body>
</html>

I'm a newbie so please assume I know nothing about PHP and provide as much explanation as you can for the solutions you give. I have read around on different websites and I find it exceptionally difficult to understand them because of my dyslexia and dyscalculia.

Please advise :-)

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Beanie

Edited by bgareth

Hello,

I can't achieve what I am looking to do here:

<html>
<head>
<title>PHP Weekend Challenge</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php
\\*if month = december and day = 23rd and time=19:00-23:59 echo "Good Evening, tomorrow is Christmas Eve!"
or if month = december and day = 24th and time=19:00-23:59 echo "Good Evening, tomorrow is Christmas Day!"
else echo "It's not Christmas so too bad - it's just another 7 day working week!"*\\
?>
</body>
</html>

I'm a newbie so please assume I know nothing about PHP and provide as much explanation as you can for the solutions you give. I have read around on different websites and I find it exceptionally difficult to understand them because of my dyslexia and dyscalculia.

Please advise :-)

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Beanie

If you know literally nothing of PHP, you're gonna have a hard time understanding the answers that you get given here.

Assign a variable to the current date, then use if() to echo something when it's a certain date, or whatever.

Example:

<?php
$date = date(); //Put your date format in the parenthesis

if ($date="") { //Again, where the quotes are, put what date you need it to be to echo whatever you need it to
echo "Merry Generic Holiday!";
} elseif ($date="") {
echo "Happy other Generic Holiday";
} else {
echo "It's a normal day, have fun with your mediocre life";
}
?>

Or something. You can learn about date formats on PHP.net

Edited by Beeeeney

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.