How To Add Dynamic Textbox (Row) And Save To Database Using Php

miyotz

Hi. I have here my Javascript code that adds dynamic textbox (row) my problem is how can I save this to database using PHP script? How you can help me guys.. Thanks!

<script type="text/Javascript">

function addRow®{

var root = r.parentNode;//the root

var allRows = root.getElementsByTagName('tr');//the rows' collection

var cRow = allRows[0].cloneNode(true)//the clone of the 1st row

var cInp = cRow.getElementsByTagName('input');//the inputs' collection of the 1st row

for(var i=0;i<cInp.length;i++){//changes the inputs' names (indexes the names)

cInp.setAttribute('name',cInp.getAttribute('name')+'_'+(allRows.length+1))

}

root.appendChild(cRow);

}

function shownames(){

var allInp=document.getElementsByTagName('input');

for(var i=0;i<allInp.length;i++){

alert(allInp.name)

}

}

</script>

My HTML code:

<form method= POST> <table width="1024" border="0" cellspacing="6" cellpadding="0"> <tr> <td width="195"><div class="user"><input type="text" name="textfield_a" id="user" tabindex="6"/></div></td> <td width="410"><div class="reported"><input type="text" name="textfield_b" id="reported" tabindex="7"/></div></td> <td width="399"><div class="reported"><input type="text" name="textfield_c" id="reported" tabindex="8"/></div></td> <td width="10"><input name="button" type="button" value="+" onclick="addRow(this.parentNode.parentNode)"></td> </tr> </table> </form>

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't read his javascript in detail (so I won't get sued for using his function) but it does look like what he really needs to do is understand ajax to communicate with php and then he needs to understand how to save data to mysql using php - there are two different things he needs to understand.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.