$query = "DELETE FROM avatar_list WHERE id = '$id' LIMIT 1";
return mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
}

edit page code

if (!empty($_GET['delete'])) {
echo '<p style="color: green;">The avatar has been deleted.</p>';
}

<td>Delete Avatar:</td>
		 <td><input type="checkbox" name="delete" value="1" onclick="confirm_delete(this);"/><span style="color:red;">This cannot be undone!</span></td>

Ive removed the rest of the code but delete bits

Edited by Bubblychaz

What have you done to pin down exactly at what point your code and data are doing what you expect and at what point it is not? I can guarantee that the problem lies somewhere between those two points. If all you have done is run your code and it doesn't work, all you have pined the problem down to is 'somewhere in your code.'

Is your code taking the expected execution path? Is the input data what you expect? The reasons I ask this is -

1) We cannot run your code, because we don't have all of it (nor do we want you to post all of it) and we don't have your database tables or any data (nor do we want you to post this.)

2) We are not going to look through 100's of lines of mostly non-relevant code trying to find just the few lines that are relevant.

My php script wont delete in selected id from the mysql database

function code

<?php

function edit_avatar($_POST)
{
if ($_POST['delete'] == 1) {
 delete_item($_POST['id']);
 return 'deleted';
}
$errors = check_required_fields($_POST);

function delete_avatars($id)
{
$query = "DELETE FROM avatar_list WHERE id = '$id' LIMIT 1";
return mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
}

edit page code

if (!empty($_GET['delete'])) {
echo '<p style="color: green;">The avatar has been deleted.</p>';
}

<td>Delete Avatar:</td>
		 <td><input type="checkbox" name="delete" value="1" onclick="confirm_delete(this);"/><span style="color:red;">This cannot be undone!</span></td>

Ive removed the rest of the code but delete bits

Thanks.

I'm simply guessing the edit_avatar() function gets called, then delete_item() function? I don't see where delete_avatars() is being called. Should you be calling delete_avatars() instead of delete_item()? Or is delete_item() part of a larger function that calls delete_avatars() separately?

Please, turn on error reporting before you post any more questions, and include any errors that are generated.

In your php.ini file, make sure the following lines exist, and are not commented out with a leading semicolon:

error_reporting = -1

display_errors = On

Then restart Apache so the changes take effect.

Thanks.

I'm simply guessing the edit_avatar() function gets called, then delete_item() function? I don't see where delete_avatars() is being called. Should you be calling delete_avatars() instead of delete_item()? Or is delete_item() part of a larger function that calls delete_avatars() separately?

Its fixed.. Thank you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.