Update For Itunes On Windows

Philip

Ugh. WTF were they thinking? I'm usually accept change for softwares and praise a lot of them (like facebook.. apparently I was the only one that enjoyed the timeline addition.) But this... is garbage.

Things wrong with it (at least on Windows):

1. No margin / padding around the box or menus. I'm accidentally clicking off of the program when I try to click in a hurry (or use my fat finger on my tablet.) For example, look at where the down icon is related to other windows:
    VwoFB.png
  2. Laggy if you have a lot of music, especially when the album artwork is in use. I didn't have a problem with this in the last few versions, but it is indeed laggier now.
  3. Removal of the side bar. Why? I guess its okay at the top, but I liked having the full bar on the right.
  4. The search is trying way too hard now. It's clunky and laggy. Can I not just filter my results in the full window anymore?
  5. A minor note, but still one. The new icon looks like shit on the taskbar. Guess thats what we get for not having "retina" displays eh>

/rant

It really leaves a lot to be desired. I only just managed to downgrade back to 10.6.3 and happy to have a usable iTunes client again.

I'm always a fan of changes in software, but only if they actually improve the quality and ease of use - iTunes 11 does neither.

1. No option to turn off album art in all the presentation views. For performance reasons, I'd like to just see the text and could care less what the album art looks like.

2. Hovering over the icon in the system tray doesn't give you information about the current media anymore.

3. Text readout at the top of the iTunes window is really hard for me to read. I can't tell if there's a shadow or they're blurring it for some reason, but really..

4. Search is laggy. In 10.6.3, I type a letter and my playlist immediately updates with matching media. In 11, I type a letter, wait a second or two while the interface lags up and then finally see my results. Don't get me started on typing a song name in v11.

5. The icons looks like shit in the taskbar. I'm with Phil on that one. Granted, v10 wasn't great since you couldn't see the circular border, but v11 is worse (though I didn't think it was possible).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.