PHP Image and Info Viewer

Drakeodude12

Hello, I have recently started a project and i've come to part in which I am stuck. I do not want to say in exact detail what I am working on but ill explain basically what it is.

The public uploads their pictures along with their information, lets say First Name, Last Name, Email and Phone Number. So what I want to do is be able to access that(not the public just me) and when I search for a piece of information it brings up the persons photo along with all other information. Let me give an example

John uploads his picture

John

Appleseed

jas@x.com

1(555)5555

Now I go to my private page and type in a search box

jas@x.com

I hit search and his photo along with all his information is shown.

I was wondering if anybody could point me in the way a tutorial or if anybody has an insight on how to tackle this.

I have made a mockup in VB, but it's not practical for reasons.

Shouldn't be very hard.

Thanks

Harrison

Edited by Drakeodude12

This sounds like a basic database driven application, with the centrepiece of your question being how to perform a MySQL SELECT query with a WHERE clause.

In short: Just about any PHP + MySQL tutorial will teach you how to do this.

Unfortunately, there's a LOT of crappy tutorials out there, so I'd recommend starting at tizag.com. Not everything there is of the best quality, but it is quite adequate for learning the basics.

PS: This is not a "PHP coding help" question, as you're not asking for help with your PHP code. This is an "Application design" question, which is part of what trq was hinting at.

Edited by Christian F.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.