User Specific Content Help

trg86

Good evening guys! I am in need of a little bit of help again.

I am trying to figure out how to make an item that is already in a database and seen by all registered users, have the option to be seen by only one user and become that users unique content, making it invisible to other users.

Just so you have a better handle on what I am talking about. I have already developed a php/MySQL form/database system. A user goes to the website and fills out the form, which is then stored in the database I have programmed. Now, authorized personnel, via a login page, can access and view the stored form data in a beautiful user interface I have designed for this. Currently, by default, all of the form entries are located on one page for viewing, as well as some options I have already added, such as editing/updating the data, 'archiving' the data, which moves it to an archive page, and being able to delete the data completely.

The part I am trying to figure out, is how a user can go to the default page that holds all of the entries and be able to grab one of them and make it belong to them, i.e. a telemarketer claiming a lead, which would move it to their default main page that they see after they log in, now leaving it only viewable by them, instead of every registered user in the system.

Thanks for your help ahead of time! Thanks!

You have a previous thread ( http://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/270708-user-specific-content/ ), where someone (i.e. me) showed how to associate a user id with specific content id's and to retrieve the content for a specific user id (i.e. the currently logged in user.)

For a user to 'claim' any content, you would just store a row in the `access_table`, shown in the example queries in that thread, with that user's id and the id of the content.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.