Word filter

POC0bob

So what I need is a function that filters out words, in a text file (new word on each line) and replaces all but the first letter with starts, like if i where to say asswipe, i need to to replace it with a****** the thing is, I also need it to not be case sensitive, and look for repetitive letters, say someone said assswipe.. that second part isn't required - it would just be nice. All i have so far is

function LangFilter($string) {
$badwords=fopen("./langfilter.txt","r");
for ($i=0;$i < count($badwords);$i++){ 
$string = str_replace($badwords[$i],str_repeat("*",strlen($badwords[$i])),$string); 
} 
return $string; 
} 

But it doesn't work. The reason im not saying its a cuss word filter, is there are some other things I would need it to filter, but ill do those my self. I looked on a few other topics, but none of those had what I needed... Any help? Thanks!

Given the word "asswipe" you can do a replace with regular expressions.

$input = "Bob is such an aasssswwiipee";

$word = "asswipe";

$matchword = implode("+", array_map("preg_quote", str_split($word))) . "+"; // a+s+s+w+i+p+e+
$output = preg_replace_callback('/\b' . $matchword . '\b/i', function($matches) {
return $matches[0][0] . (strlen($matches[0]) > 1 ? str_repeat("*", strlen($matches[0]) - 1) : "");
}, $input);

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.