Assign a new field to a module in MySql

dani33l_87

Hi,

Inside the databse I have the module mn_news.

How I supose to add in a nicely way a new field for the entire module mn_news with a new column isBlog TYPE small(1) and DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL".

Also I want to change the value of the collumn OwnerType type enum , value to be "player" in mn_news

Other thing that maybe is more complicated is that inside of the mn_news I have the column Credit with different kind of value and I want to have the same values inside the other module mn_money ,column Money.

I found somenting one google but they are very different answers and I don t want to mess with the databse.

Somebody can help me?

Rgds.

ok, I will try again... I have a database named operation

Inside the databse I have two tables (modules) mn_news and mn_money

For each data inside mn_news need to add a new field/column (there are also ID, NAME, etc ) isBlog that contain the TYPE small(1) with the VALUE 0

also to add a other field/collumn OwnerType type enum , value to be player

The second part I also don t understand because I supose to put the same value according with some ID or something.

For the moment I will try to fix the first part.

Edited by dani33l_87

I don't think this is dynamically changing, but rather correcting the design of the table. Just a guess though, as there's precious little information on why the OP wants to do this.

Dani: You really need to read up more about MySQL and its SQL dialect. What you're looking to do is very easily done with a simple ALTER TABLE statement.

However, it's also very easy to do something wrong with it, so I strongly recommend teaching yourself first using some test-data. Then, once you're comfortable enough, take a backup of the live data and test on it. Once you've confirmed the process to be working, implement it on the actual data.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.