CURL inside Loop

Sbbcarl

Hey Guys,

I need a little help with this. I have a CURL function set up and I'm trying to collect multiple order numbers from a textarea and run them through the curl to get results for each order.

I'm not sure how the loop should be formatted to return / contain the results for each order.

I need $get_token to contain the results for each order number. Would be ideal if I could make it an array such as:

Order

--Token

Order

--Token

Order

--Token

Any help on this would be appreciated!

function downloadUrl($Url, $ch){
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $Url);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 0);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_REFERER, "https://website here");
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "MozillaXYZ/1.0");
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 10);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

$output = curl_exec($ch);

return $output;
}

function login($user,$pass){
   $ch = curl_init();
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, 'https://website here login'); //login URL
   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
   $postData="
   node=security
   &static_password=$pass
   &authorize=Proceed
   &mac_admin_name=$user
   &static_password_text=$pass";
   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postData);
   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, 'cookie.txt');
   curl_setopt ($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
   curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

$store = curl_exec ($ch);

return $ch;
}

function getOrder($order_n,$ch){

$order_url =  downloadUrl("Website here", $ch);

$stripped_html =  str_replace("\t", '', $order_url);

return $stripped_html;
}

if ($_POST['submit'] == "Search Orders"){

$order_n = trim($_POST['orders']);

if ($order_n == ""){

$err = "<font color=\"red\"><i>Error: You must provide an order number!</i></font><br />";

}else{

$lines = explode("\n", $order_n);

foreach( $lines as $line ){

$user = "username";
 $pass = "password";

$ch=login($user,$pass);

$do_order = getOrder($line,$ch);

$token = explode('"EC-', $do_order);
 $token = explode('"', $token[1]);
 $token = strip_tags($token[0]);
 $get_token = "EC-$token";
  }

}

}

You're probably going to need to explain your problem better.  Near as I can tell you're asking how to do a loop to download a bunch of URL's and extract some token from their source.  The code you posted already appears to handle that successfully.  If there is some issue you need to define what that issue is and probably provide some sample data such as the source of one of the pages your downloading and what it is you want to extract out of it.

The only thing I see off hand that you might need is a call to curl_setopt in your downloadUrl function to set CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE to the same cookie.txt file you're using in the login function in order to carry over the login/session cookie, assuming there is one.

Thanks for the reply

When I run the function OrderURL $ch is passed with that from the login function so it should contain the cookie.

The problem I'm having is the loop it self. If I echo the orders in the textarea I can see all the ones I type in. However, when those fun through the curl, it's only returning 1 token, not one for each order.

It's something with the loop or how the variables should be within the loop to have it store as an array

Edited by Sbbcarl

It was a bit troublesome to spot, as the indentation in your code isn't the best. Don't know if that's because of the forum's editor, or if your code looks like that. If it's the latter, then I strongly recommend fixing it.

In any case, from what I can see you're overwriting the token on each iteration of the loop. Meaning, only the last token will be used.

Add each token into an array as you gather them in the loop, then later on you can loop through the array of tokens to output them into your textarea.  You can use the URL as the key for your array and put the token as the value that way you can easily find the token as you loop through the URLs when putting them into the textarea.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.