credit users account after paypal payment?

crf1121359

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a simple system where users can purchase credits on the site and make the payment via paypal and if the payment was successful then their account will be updated with the amount of credit they purchased!

Example: user buys 1 credit for $2 and makes the payment via payapl and once the payment has gone through successfully they will be redirected to the site and their balance will show 1 credit.

I cannot find a tutorial for this purpose!!

Can someone please point me to the right direction (a toturial or a piece of code taht does that) please ?

any help would be greately appreciated.

Thanks

PayPal IPN, that is what you want. I'll be honest, it can be quite painful to set up.

I never had a tutorial when I did it myself, but I've since seen this which seems like something that would be able to help you, the guy creating the video is very good at tutorials.

Good luck! You're going to need it lol.

Denno

Thanks mate but that didn't help at all. There are 1000s of tutorials like what he's done on the net but nothing like what I am looking for. the funny thing is that People like him say something in the begging of their videos and do something absolutely different!

anyway, Thanks for your help pal...

The only way you can do this is with IPN as Denno said.

Might want to try:

http://www.micahcarr...n-with-php.html

And his lib

https://github.com/Q.../PHP-PayPal-IPN

and that is what I was looking for. the one that Denno posted is just showing how to test the IPN but the one you posted is very very close to what I want. Thank you so much for your help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.