Fill In Table...making layout more presentable.

tracy

I have a table that I use in a browser to allow 'browsers' to fill in the blanks.  I wonder how I can make all the entry blank cells in that table align together?  In other words, say that one blank to fill in is Make: __________ as in automobile maker.  The next line underneath that is Auto Model:  __________.  They don't align properly because Make has four letters and Auto Model has ten with the space included.  How can I make the blank text boxes (to be filled in by browser) align underneath each other or at least format the table so that this works out that way?  Thanks. 

Are you saying that the table, in its ordinary creation, will take into account the longest item and size all cells in that column correctly so that the other column, the blank one, is lined up as I desire? 

The reason I ask is that I did this before and it didn't work.  I made the table using php/mysql and it printed it with the items lined up on the left margin and the 'fill in the blanks' boxes were all over the place.  Here is the code:

<html>
<title>Test Self Form</title>
<body>

<form action="insert.php" method="post">
Make: <input type="text" name="make" /><br></br>
Auto Model: <input type="text" name="model" /><br></br>
<input type="submit" />
</form>

</body>
</html>

Thanks.

[code]<form action="insert.php" method="post">
<table>
<tr>
<td>Make:</td><td><input type="text" name="make" /></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Auto Model:</td></td><input type="text" name="model" /></td>
</tr>
</table>
<input type="submit" />
</form>[/code]

Why not like that?

Somehow when I uploaded a test page it put the box on top of the text on the first line only.  I fixed it.  Looks good.  Thanks.

By the way, since you have all those stars by your name...

Can you recommend a good tutorial on how to incorporate a check box into a MySQL/PHP table so that if I want to edit or delete a file I can select that file by clicking in the check box beside it (in a browser, not MySQL) and click on edit or delete and be take to the appropriate screen.  Not looking for an easy code supply, just the info so I can learn how to do it. 

I have found a lot of info, but in trying to think of how to select the item in the database using a true/false statement from a checkbox...it's kind of hard with my being new to PHP.  I have a thread open on this somewhere but no luck.  Only people telling me to buy and read a PHP book...

I have researched this online and in books (2) but no luck.

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.