Can someone tell me what the error is in this PHP '$_GET if else' code

james909

Can someone tell me what the error is in this PHP '$_GET if else' code

<!-- /debughtml -->
</div>
<br />
<?php
if (isset($_GET['title']) && $_GET['title'] == 'Main_Page,Community_portal,Current_events,Special:RecentChanges,Help:Contents,Special:WhatLinksHere/Help:Contents,Special:Upload,Special:SpecialPages,itsmywiki.com:Privacy_policy,itsmywiki.com:About,itsmywiki:General_disclaimer,Special:Preferences,Special:Watchlist,Special:Contributions/itsmywiki.com,Special:UserLogout&returnto=Special%3AContributions%2F$,User:$,User_talk:$') {
// do nothing
} else {
if (isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] == 'edit,history') {
// do nothing
} else { ?>
<center><div class="fb-comments" data-width="800" data-num-posts="100" data-colorscheme="dark"></div></center>
<?php } ?>
<!-- /bodyContent -->

this code is causing a syntax error further down the page, and i cant figure out what the problem is?

Edited by james909

I usually try and separate the logic from the html. For the current code it would be something like.

<?php
//logic goes here
if (isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] = "myaction")
{
$action = "";
}
else
{
$action = "html string";
}
?>
<div>
<?php echo $action; ?>
</div>

Edited by pmccall2

thanks for all the help

akkay47, it is showing "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_PRIVATE in /home/acc/public_html/itsmywiki.com/skins/Vector.php on line 268" in the web-browser

i changed the html line using 'echo' to

} else {
echo '<center><div class="fb-comments" data-width="800" data-num-posts="100" data-colorscheme="dark"></div></center>';
} ?>

and it is still showing a syntax error

Edited by james909

thank you TOA! it was the missing closing braket }

the syntax error has gone away and the page loads

the code that i wrote is still not working as it should

the url 'http://itsmywiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page'

is displaying the facebook comment code, and i am trying to use the title variable in the the if code to avoid the Main_Page (along with the other pages) displaying the facebook comments

Most likely, your desired titles and actions are being treated as strings; that's what it looks like to me. You either need to test for each one, or make an array out of the values and use in_array.

Ex:

$allowed = array('edit','history');
if (in_array($_GET['action'], $allowed)) {
// show comment code
}

Something like that...

thank you for the reply TOA, i have changed the code to:

<!-- /debughtml -->
</div>
           <br />
           <?php
$allowed = array('Main_Page','Community_portal','Current_events','Special:RecentChanges','Help:Contents','Special:WhatLinksHere/Help:Contents','Special:Upload,Special:SpecialPages','itsmywiki.com:Privacy_policy','itsmywiki.com:About','itsmywiki:General_disclaimer','Special:Preferences,Special:Watchlist','Special:Contributions/itsmywiki.com','Special:UserLogout&returnto=Special%3AContributions%2F$','User:$,User_talk:$');
   // do nothing
} else {
// do nothing
}
else {
echo '<center><div class="fb-comments" data-width="800" data-num-posts="100" data-colorscheme="dark"></div></center>';
}
}?>
<!-- /bodyContent -->

and the facebook comments is still appearing on all the URLs :confused: :confused:

example of the URLs:

http://itsmywiki.com/index.php?title=Page_1 (i want the facebook comments to appear here)

http://itsmywiki.com/index.php?title=Page_1&action=edit (i dont want the facebook comments to appear here)

http://itsmywiki/index.php?title=Main_Page (i dont want the facebook comments to appear here)

but the facebook comments is currently appearing on every site page

Also, check out this indented version

$banned = array('Main_Page','Community_portal','Current_events','Special:RecentChanges','Help:Contents','Special:WhatLinksHere/Help:Contents','Special:Upload,Special:SpecialPages','itsmywiki.com:Privacy_policy','itsmywiki.com:About','itsmywiki:General_disclaimer','Special:Preferences,Special:Watchlist','Special:Contributions/itsmywiki.com','Special:UserLogout&returnto=Special%3AContributions%2F$','User:$,User_talk:$');
if (in_array($_GET['title'], $banned)) {
 // do nothing
} else {
// do nothing
}
else {
}
}

if the $_GET['title'] is in that array, you do nothing. Try negating that (!in_array())

Edited by TOA

a further question, what is the command for any text, like the '*' in google and file searches

so that pages with:

title=User_talk:joe_bloggs

title=User_talk:tom

title=User_talk:dick

title=User_talk:harry

are all covered

i tried 'User_talk*' and 'User_talk$' and didnt work

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.