Web based RPG game

krisnarocks

Hey people! I am new here... I need help on my small project. So, back in 4th grade (I am now 10th) there is an online game called pokemon crater. I am now trying to recreat that website. And yes, I know there is already lots of website like that. I need help on the map system, the battling system, trading system, capturing mechanics and the team management/pokemon management system. I will post the source of my project and I really wish you could help.

This website (the new pokemon crater) have the same map, battle, and trade system:

http://www.pokemon-vortex.com/

I am now working on the mailing system and news update. I also want to know if PHP can generate images like the logo (in the source code)

Source download

Any help would be highly appreciated! 

krisnarocks if you want people to help you on your project it would be best to put it in a versioning system like git and create a repo on github for it.

1. Install Git

2. Create an account on GitHub

3. Create a public repository (free)

4. Open the git gui which is installed alongside git and clone your new github repository

5. Learn git, make some changes, commit those changes and don't forget to push them to github.

This way others can join you in your effort, make changes and build your rpg.

krisnarocks if you want people to help you on your project it would be best to put it in a versioning system like git and create a repo on github for it.

1. Install Git

2. Create an account on GitHub

3. Create a public repository (free)

4. Open the git gui which is installed alongside git and clone your new github repository

5. Learn git, make some changes, commit those changes and don't forget to push them to github.

This way others can join you in your effort, make changes and build your rpg.

That is what my mentor told me last time... darn I for got about this... Thanks for reminding me.

Sharing source files over dropbox accounts will get REALLY messy. And everyone would have to constantly make backups of their source code and then download the new source, do a diff between directories and transfer their code changes back in, and then somehow make sure everybody else get their changes...

By using Git you avoid all of these problems and you can collaborate easily with others, even allowing some to branch off your main development line (for example because you have 2 ideas for the battling system, using branches allows this parallel development to take place).

Edited by ignace

Sharing source files over dropbox accounts will get REALLY messy. And everyone would have to constantly make backups of their source code and then download the new source, do a diff between directories and transfer their code changes back in, and then somehow make sure everybody else get their changes...

By using Git you avoid all of these problems and you can collaborate easily with others, even allowing some to branch off your main development line (for example because you have 2 ideas for the battling system, using branches allows this parallel development to take place).

I have setup GitHub and now its ready for use. I am still learning how to remove, add files and folder. I should be good be tomorrow. Thanks for the tips bro. 

Edit: Im good now. GitHub ready for use. Here is the link.

Edited by krisnarocks

I see now you used SVN which is similar to Git which would have been fine too.

If you want to stick with Git, you can import or track your svn repo using http://git-scm.com/docs/git-svn so you don't lose the history of your svn repo.

It is anyhow advisable to remove these directories/files from your Git repo:

$ git rm --cached .svn/* .DS_*
$ git add -u
$ git commit -m "Removed svn and macosx files"
$ git push
The --cached option leaves the actual files on your hard-drive but removes them from Git.

Then create a .gitignore file and add these lines:

.svn/*
.DS_Store
.DS_Store?
Edited by ignace

I see now you used SVN which is similar to Git which would have been fine too.

If you want to stick with Git, you can import or track your svn repo using http://git-scm.com/docs/git-svn so you don't lose the history of your svn repo.

It is anyhow advisable to remove these directories/files from your Git repo:

$ git rm --cached .svn/* .DS_*
$ git add -u
$ git commit -m "Removed svn and macosx files"
$ git push
The --cached option leaves the actual files on your hard-drive but removes them from Git.

Then create a .gitignore file and add these lines:

.svn/*
.DS_Store
.DS_Store?

K. every thing is good. I have deleted the mac setting files

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.