mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, object given

FruitFaster
Go to solution Solved by FruitFaster,

I'm making a page that takes user comments and outputs them on another page where they can be rated from 1-10. I'm having trouble with myqli_fetch_array ...it says:

mysqli_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, object given in      /place where it found it

The code I have is:

<?php

$con2=mysqli_connect("host.com","user","pwd","dbase");

// Check connection
if (mysqli_connect_errno($con2))
  {
  echo "Failed to connect to MySQL: " . mysqli_connect_error();

}
  $value=$_POST['rating'];
  $id=$_POST['id'];

mysqli_query  ($con2, "UPDATE table SET totalraters = totalraters + 1 WHERE id='$id' ");
   mysqli_query  ($con2, "UPDATE table SET ratingsum = ratingsum + '$value' WHERE id='$id' ");

$query2 = "SELECT ratingsum, totalraters FROM table WHERE id='$id' ";
  $result2=mysqli_query($con2, $query2);
  while  ($row2= mysqli_fetch_array($con2, $result2))

{

$ratingsum=$row2['ratingsum']; 
  $totalraters=$row2['totalraters'];

IF  ($totalraters != 0)  {
  ($rating = round($ratingsum/$totalraters));
  mysqli_query ($con2, "INSERT INTO table (rating) VALUES ($rating) WHERE id='$id' ");}

include ('index.html');

}

?>  

The id is sent by post from the previous php file that has a form. It updates the database with everything but the final rating and works up to the mysqli_fetch_array fine. Any help appreciated. I've spent a lot of time reading documentation and googling and changing millions of things. At first I had the boolean error now this. I have no clue why.

Thankyou most kindly requinix. To be honest I think I could have stared at it for hours and not seen it. What's worse is the previous php file has exactly the same type of array in it. Just not seeing the woods for the trees. Again, thankyou!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.