Anti Leech Script Help

EMan2

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to follow a guide that's for people who have a decent degree of competency in PHP. I'm a beginner, but I really need this script, I've been researching and trying to put the pieces together but I'm just not able to do it.

Can anyone please give me a hand?

Here's the tutorial:

http://tanksoftware.com/tutes/leechprotection.html

Give you a hand with what? How far have you gotten into it? Is there something in particular you don't understand or can't get working?

I'm want someone to basically guide me through it, or do it for me. Because as I've never touched PHP before,

If you want someone to do it for you then you'll probably have to pay someone.

Meanwhile the tutorial does start off saying

This tutorial is aimed at people who have a decent degree of competency in PHP. Do not attempt it if you are only just beginning, there are plenty of learning PHP tutorials out there and I am not going to go much in to that.

so perhaps you should just find another one.

In fact I would suggest that anyways: the method presented using symlinks is silly when there are much simpler and more portable methods available. Take a look.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.