Errors caused by xampp

vadymka

Hello..

i have a site on a free host..everything works..

but now i put it on xampp.. because the host does not have power..

But when i put it on xamp i have some errors..

1. First Error

screenshot_367.png

Signup.php

screenshot_368.png

2. 2nd Error

screenshot_369.png

Login.php

screenshot_370.png

3. When trying to register..

screenshot_371.png

lines 9/10 on tsignup.php

screenshot_372.png

line 67 on tsignup.php

screenshot_373.png

Again.. i can connect to the website on the host..

but on my xampp host i cant... why?

The first error is caused because mysql_query() returns a FALSE if there is something wrong with the query.

The second error is saying the the $CURUSER variable has not been set. Variable names are case sensitive. Also, check for mispellings.

The next error can be resolved by checking to see if the $_GET and $_POST variables are set with isset() as suggested by PaulRyan.

The last error, as PaulRyan states, is because the sqlerr() function doesn't exist. As with variable names, functions are case sensitive.

No, the error

hmm.. youre all wrong.. its just the xampp configuration..

i downloaded appserv

NO ERRORS

can you help me with the configuration?

what should i change in xampp

No, you are wrong.  The code is buggy and is generating errors.  xampp was configured to display the errors and appserv doesn't.  The code is still crap, PHP is just not telling you that it's crap.

No, the error

No, you are wrong.  The code is buggy and is generating errors.  xampp was configured to display the errors and appserv doesn't.  The code is still crap, PHP is just not telling you that it's crap.

youre tottaly wrong.. :D you say this because you dont see the entire php files..

its a different system.. and i can login / register everything works..

also.. if you say "its a crap"

so you say www.battlemd.net its crap.. nop.. no problems here, many ppl playing this.. and its the same system

so close the topic.. xamp its a crap

If we aren't looking at all the code it's because you didn't post all the code.  If code generates errors on one server and not another the code is at fault - either because one server is not showing the errors, or the code is badly written and is lacking in portability.  XAMPP has been used successfully by thousands of developers for a number of years, to assume that it is at fault over the code which you yourself stated in your second post "isn't fixed" is simply stupid. If you go onto a public forum and ask for help, the logical followup to that is to accept the help given and work with the people whome you have already accepted as knowing more than you (or else you would not have posted the intial question) who are taking time out of their own day to help you for no personal gain to get a solution to your problem. 

In summary:

XAMPP is not crap;

Your code may or may not be crap (although I don't think it's actualy your code per-say);

It is however you that is crap -

• You posted insufficent code
  • You conflicted every one who atempted to offer advice (and even yourself at one point)
  • You would rather blame another piece of software for the problems than accept ownership of the issues yourself
  • You clearly don't even know the difference between Notices, Warnings and actual Errors (otherwise you would know that the first two can exist in crap code without the script it's self actually breaking - thus rendering your comment about the battlemd.net completly redundant)
  • You have no interest in improving the code or your ability.

ok , sorry.. thanks to these who "owned" me the day..

i resolved everything.. idk why.. but on xamp wont work..

every host i tried worked.. xampp not.. maybe errors not showing. but i dont think that..

Please close the topic and no more reply..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.