Need help formatting backtrace

eldan88
Go to solution Solved by Psycho,

Hey,

I am trying to format back trace in a nice readable format, but I having troubles doing so. I  tried using print_r function but it is not working. Any suggestion on how to format backtrace?

Below is my code

function a($arg) {
       b("Bob");   
      }

function b($arg) {
          d('delta');
      }

function d ($arg) {
          var_dump(debug_backtrace());
      }

a('alpha')

• Solution

What do you mean "it is not working"? Exactly what are you getting? The code you have above does exactly what I expect - it outputs the array returned from the debug_backtrace() function.

EDIT: If your issue is that the array output is not "pretty" then the issue is an HTML problem and not a PHP problem (and this is in the wrong forum). There are many options to make the output pretty. The most straightforward is putting it within PRE tags so white-space and line-breaks are rendered in the HTML display.

function d ($arg)
{
    echo "<pre>";
    echo "</pre>";
}

Otherwise you can create your own code to loop through the array and format the output any way you want.

Edited by Psycho

What do you mean "it is not working"? Exactly what are you getting? The code you have above does exactly what I expect - it outputs the array returned from the debug_backtrace() function.

EDIT: If your issue is that the array output is not "pretty" then the issue is an HTML problem and not a PHP problem (and this is in the wrong forum). There are many options to make the output pretty. The most straightforward is putting it within PRE tags so white-space and line-breaks are rendered in the HTML display.

function d ($arg)
{
    echo "<pre>";
    echo "</pre>";
}

Otherwise you can create your own code to loop through the array and format the output any way you want.

I was trying to out put in pretty HTML but the pre tags did the job! Thanks!!

Edited by eldan88

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.