HTML pages vs PHP print

Codenames
Go to solution Solved by Codenames,

Hi i want know if every site generate html pages for every subcategory or do they just echo html tags based on a cliked parent category

e.g HTML books (parent)

-Novel (subpage )

-FIction (subpage )

PHP

$array = link.Novel, link.Fictions

if id =['books'];

echo = $array();

if they are using echo, then what is this method called so i can google it. I dont need your codes but you can post if you want

im creating a classifed site .focusing on Posting Ad function

Thanks,

Edited by Codenames

Assuming you are asking if larger sites are generated dynamically on each request, or as contents change a static site is generated?

Generally, the later.

What is the term for it? Dynamic Site Generation.

It's really not clear what you are asking.  This seems to be a theological question as far as web page creation is concerned, and not directly related to getting help with PHP code.  I don't even what you are referring to as "big sites".  Every site is made differently, depending on a number of things: who makes it, what it needs to do, how much information it needs to present, who the target audience is, how much money the company that commissioned it is willing to spend, and how much after build interaction the site administrators are going to need to make and how skilled these people are at programing web page content are just a few of the major factors.

The internet doesn't have a stringent framework for how sites are built, regardless of size.  One site can hold 3 pages, with no user interaction other than basic navigation, and have no real images or animations to speak of and still be coded in the same way, using the same methodology as a site with 80 pages, multiple user interaction points, email facilities, automated image displays and animations and social links and media sharing.

Your question is to generic to get an accurate answer.  Most sites I have come across use a combination of static and dynamic content.  Static content for the content that is in fact static and never (or at least next to never) changes and dynamic content for the areas that do change a lot - or at least hold the potential to change regularly.

Perhaps if you were a little more verbose and direct in your question we could give more specific information.

Thank you for your answers, i was askin if php can can print html tags based on if statement

e.g

if i select Google then

PHP print Google product

elsif Yahoo select then

PHP print Yahoo products

all in one page, thats what i want to know,

Thanks,

Edited by Codenames

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.