Select where letters are not the same

Tasos

Hello i need some help on how to select like this here below.

Do i need somthing like not equal or greater than ?

C.

------------------------------------

Ca

Car

Cars ..........................................<<< this is good

H.

Ho

Hom

Home........................................ <<< this is good

Home G

Home Ga

Home Garden............................<< < this is good

And the result should be like that

C.

Cars

H.

Home

Home Garden

Thanks for any help !

Edited by Tasos

Again, what makes "Cars", "Home" and "Home Garden" good and the others not good? If you are saying they are good because they are "words" then you would have to have a dictionary to compare the results against. (besides why isn't "car" on your list of 'good' values? It's a normal word as well).

Yes car(s) is a normal word but 'ca' ? what does Home G/ Home Ga mean ? or ca ? . i have like 1 million tags and if i echo all out i will be a mess.

So is that possible to complete what i ask ? can somebody help me with that ?

or is that impossible what is ask ?

As has been said, you'd have to have a dictionary of valid words to compare against. There isn't any other way to check if a particular string of letter is a "real word". There are free dictionary lists on the internet, do a little google'ing and you can find them. Once you have one, import it into another table in your DB and then you can use an INNER JOIN against it to filter the invalid tags.

Yes car(s) is a normal word but 'ca' ? what does Home G/ Home Ga mean ? or ca ? . i have like 1 million tags and if i echo all out i will be a mess.

CA is the abbreviation for California, and GA for Georgia. "Hom" is a recognized word too. So, is "Gard". So, even your examples are flawed. So you can't even determine what is and is not a word. There is no programming solution for what you ask. You can only compare the words against some other list of "approved" or "recognized" words.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.