Raw, Phantom MySQL Code Showing Up

innoprog

I have a website in which I use php, and at one point I tried some MySQL on there and, unfortunately, MySQL seems to be my Achilles' heel; It's less complicated by far than most languages, yet I still can't seem to wrap my head around it. There is no MySQL anywhere in any file on my local system, which is the only place the site exists so far. I will paste the code if necessary.

My main question is, has anyone experienced something like this? I read about the "ghost" SQL (Jesus, Destiny, etc.) but that seems more of a prank or an "act of God" (as defined by some insurance companies) rather than a cache or browser/ source issue... Right?

I am relatively new to php in depth, but have much experience using it simply, such as with including files or other light tasks like math or small "game elements" (for games which otherwise do not exist :D

Edited by innoprog

But, to your point, no there is no way that any MySQL code would magically appear on a page if it didn't exist in the code.

This isn't entirely accurate.. the hosting provider could have it setup to add stuff to files output. This is usually common for hosts that provide free or reduced price/ad supported hosting packages. Of course, this isn't "magical" in the sense that it's just appearing out of nowhere, but it does give the appearance of it, since you can go through all your files and not actually find it..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.