Why doesn't this array update if no checkbox is selected?

Exoon

Hi,

Ive got this form:

xky8B.png

Im using this to store my selections of a form in sessions so they can be recalled if the user goes back to another page of the form.

The problem i have is it always has to have 1 selection, If i tick Jam, then untick Jam and tick butter that works fine, But if i uncheck everything then it doesn't clear the array. It always has to have at least 1 entry in the array for some reason?

foreach($_POST as $key => $value) {
$_SESSION[$key] = $value;
}

This is the checkbox code im using:

<inputtype="checkbox name="<?php echo $course_menuname."extras[]"; ?>" <?php if(in_array("$extraitems", $_SESSION[$course_menuname.'extras'])) { echo "checked"; } ?> value="<?php echo $extraitems; ?>" id="checkbox">

These are the variables:

$extraitems contains the "Toast Extras" words, such as Jam, Butter and Flora $course_menuname contains the course such as "breakfast_cereal", "breakfast_toast" then if it has the word extra it does checkbox underneath.

i need to let them be able to uncheck them really, I can't figure out how to check if its empty then unset it

in my foreach loop, the $key has "brreakfast_toastextras" and $value has "Jam" inside it. I tried this:

if( !isset($_POST[$key]) ) {
          unset($_SESSION[$key]);
        } else {
        }
      }

It doesn't work though, any ideas?

Edited by Exoon

When the form is submitted, firstly destroy the session variable and then reset it. Sessions will persist until you destroy them. It would be better to store the post data under a specific session key as opposed to a direct copy of the post array so you can easily clear it.

i.e

// form submitted
if(isset($_POST) && count($_POST))
{
 // clear session data
 unset($_SESSION['form_data']);
 // store session data
 $_SESSION['form_data'] = $_POST;
}

// just to see whats in my session I will dump it
if(isset($_SESSION)) 
{
 print_r($_SESSION);
}

I add your if statement to for loop and if i select nothing it still doesn't clear the session

// form submitted
        if(isset($_POST[$key]) && count($_POST[$key]))
        {
         // clear session data
         unset($_SESSION[$key]);
         // store session data
        }
      }

Edit:

I found this while looking on google and it seems to have worked i think, Incase anyone else having the same issue:

<form>
<input type='hidden' value='0' name='selfdestruct'>
<input type='checkbox' value='1' name='selfdestruct'>
</form>
Edited by Exoon

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.