Some Suggestions

Make a navigation bar on the bottom of the page too, right below the last post kind of like this one:
[b]PHP Freaks Forums[/b] > [b]@PHPFreaks[/b] > [b]PHPFreaks.com Questions, Comments, & Suggestions[/b] > [b]Start new topic[/b]
I don't like having to scroll up ever time (Maybe it is just me).

Make a quick Reply box too, one with 4 buttons: Bold, Italic, Underline, and Code. This way you don't need to click on reply to reply to a topic.

There could be a thread to to mark the current thread as "RESOLVED", and the thread can only be marked "RESOLVED" by either the thread starter, or any Mod - Administrator.

This reply box could be a little taller too.

There is a quick reply box. You need to enable it.  Click the "Profile" button above the breadcrumbs at the top of the page. Then on the lefthand side of the screen, click on "Look and Layout Preferences."  It will give you a list of options you can change.  "Use quick reply on topic display: <dropdown box>" is one of them. 

re: RESOVED feature: The SMF team is supposed to be working on it, or something. 

I think there is a way to make the quick reply box a little smarter, but I can't seem to find the option.  I'll keep looking.

The RESOLVED feature as well as a new mod feature are under development, I think.

You can use the "Jump To" menu to get back to the board you're on or go to another board.  It's at the bottom.

Hi ober. There is a mod available for 1.1RC3 which can be installed via the AdminCP called [url=http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=63]Enhanced Quick Reply (Default Theme)[/url], download enhanced_qr_11rc3.zip

Now upload the zip to the packages folder in the root of the SMF install. Then login to AdminCP and go to the Packages option and select Install option for the Enhanced Quick Reply mod. It will install it for you automatically. When its installed Quick Reply becomes the same as when you click the Reply button.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.