Looking for some direction!

Cheesecake27

I am looking for a little direction as in while I have a grasp on a lot of the concepts, I have no idea 'how to php'.

if someone would be so kind as to point me to which functions I would use to do the following things would be appreciated.

1 - Search a set of pages.

2 - Find certain numbers.

3 - List those numbers in numberical order.

that should get me started in the direction I want.

1. Depends what search, how to search, and what pages.

2. Depends what numbers and where you're looking for them.

3. Depends where you want to list them and in what output but it'll probably be a foreach loop.

In case you thought it, PHP isn't some magical language where you give it commands like "search these pages for this thing" and it gives you what you want. You have to explicitly program it to do exactly what you want and exactly how you want it done.

Ok a little more detail -

For example - http://www.sellusedgames.com/

What Im looking for would be to search through the pages of games (just 1 one of the systems at a time, not ALL the games at one time)

(The pages go by System, then Alphabetically, then have page numbers. So example would be like PS2 - A - Page 1, Page 2, Page 3 ---- B - Page 1, Page 2, Page 3)

fine the $ Amount that is listed for each game.

and return a list (while it would be cool to have it rearrange the site (you can do that right?) a simple text list of the game name with a $amount next to it, would suffice.

example - (

Mario Bros. - $5

Star Fox - $3

Call of Duty - $1

)

Thank you kindly for your time~

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.