Do web developement agencies use php frameworks?

gsingh85

I have seen vacancies for 'php developers' on the jobs board quite a lot and nearly every time I see them requiring experience in one type of framework or another. Zend and Joomla seem to be quite popular. So I'm just thinking when web design agenices/studios are creating bespoke websites for consumers are they using a php framework to create for example a blog or a newsletter? Or are they creating php code from scratch and by hand each and everytime?

In my experience, most of the time they would be using a framework of some sort.

For small brochure type sites, we usually use something like Silex, something needing CMS, we used to use ee but are now looking at other more modern code bases, anything more complex, Symfony2.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.