help with social button rendering

deansyme

Hi, I am completely clueless as to this.
What I am trying to achieve is as follows.
We have a multi user site, and we want members to be able to have their social follow buttons on their site profile page.
I am thinking a small form where they can enter their profile id or even full URL for each of the chosen social pages, click submit, then the follow buttons appear on their profile page.

I need users to be able to add there google+, facebook, Twitter, Pinterest ids in a field and when the click submit, follow buttons are rendered allowing people viewing there profile to follow them as any other follow button.
I imagine it would be a case of a simple php script.
Many Thanks
Dean

Each of the social sites you've mentioned has an API available, as paddyfields mentioned. Most - if not all - are documented (admittedly to varying degrees of success - if you start to dig deeper into Facebook expect the docs to become rather annoying quickly), so bookmark the docs pages, download the API files, and leave a tab open on Google. What you're describing isn't (at least for Twitter and Facebook - I've not worked with Google+ or Pintrest) terribly difficult in terms of additional programming.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.