VDS/VPS security and monitoring problems

eugene2006

VDS/VPS security and monitoring problems
There is VDS/VPS (VIRTUAL PRIVATE DEDICATED SERVER) 2 GHZ 1 GB RAM,
WINDOWS 2003, APACHE 2.2.3 + PHP 5.2
VIRTUOZZO, NO PLESK (changed to XAMPP )

I've tried to install Antivirus DRWEB, NOD32 and many others. But all they failed to monitor on run-time.
For now I've been using ClamAV but it does not monitor neither

Any AV that might fully work on VDS?
----------------------------------------
Also my concern is hackers, DDOS, brute forcing and so on…
Is there any Anti Hacker Software for Windows 2003?
----------------------------------------
I’ve tried lots of Traffic Analyzing Software but all they failed as well since there is no hardware or virtual network card detected on Windows 2003 VDS/VPS…
How to analyze incoming HTTP HTTPS traffic – I am really interested in what’s going on my VDS

Thanks for support!

Daniel0 - I think he is looking for Windows Server 2003 solutions.

eugene2006 - Im afraid I dont know of any windows solutions - well cheap ones. All I would suggest is getting a solid firewall and nail everything down.....tightly. I use kerio 2.1.5 (old version) on Win2k here, which lets me fine tune all protocols, ports, incomming and outgoing connections. I then went about portscanning and digging into my computer and the portscanner didnt reveal too much.

Also - you mention virus scanner in realtime: what services are you running?? Mail?? Windows Shares?? Apache?? If you dont need windows shares - disable them. Disable remote registry also. Have a look at the services running in your control panel to see what you need/dont need running.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.