Hellp

ScottWilson

Ok here we go

I have my database with User Id, User name...etc one of them is a score, I have a page which I want to be able to go to and input two user IDs tick one indicating they are the winner then the server goes to the database matches them 2 user id numbers gets there scores and runs a peace of math adjusting each users score depending if they had won or not?

In the most simplist of explaining can anyone help.

I am using Dreamweaver 8 and my hole site is in php.

I am setting up a League system online using the ELO system of working scores out.

It would help if you posted some code since that's what we do here - help people fix their code, not write their systems.  Hopefully you write code better than you write English.  I counted 4 spelling errors, and a half dozen punctuation errors (important not to do with PHP) and a slew of grammatical errors.  :)

you seem to have a misunderstanding on what programming help is and what programming is. the forum section where you posted this has a description of - Do you need help with some code you wrote? what we do in this forum section is to try and help with errors and problems with code you have written. you are expected to supply the programming, we are only here to help with errors or problems with the code after you cannot figure out the problem yourself.

where you are at, of having a statement of what you want your system to do, isn't even a question. it's a statement. having a statement of what you want is only the first step in designing a system. we can only answer questions, specific questions.

you must next break the problem down into the steps that will accomplish what you want, define what data you will have/input at each step, define what you want the user interface to be at each step, and define what data/result each step will produce (to serve as input to the next step.) once you have sufficiently defined everything for each step, you are ready to sit down and design, write, and test the code that will produce the user interface you have defined, get/accept the input you have defined, perform the processing you have defined, and produce the result you have defined for each step.

so, from a programing help forum standpoint, where are you stuck at when you tried to move beyond just having a statement of what you want?

Edited by mac_gyver

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.