• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DontheCat

DontheCat
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:21 AM

I am running a Contest for the Best Blog Post on Cancer Awareness from Nov 22nd. The form on my page collects these information (field names in bracket)

1. Blogger's Name / Nick (blogger)
2. Blog Title (blogtitle)
3. URL to the actual Post (blogurl)

The data is being stored in a table called blogcontest.

What I would like to display on another page is the Blogger's Name and the Title of the Blog (of all participants). The Title should be hyperlinked to the blog post.

Howe do I do this ? I'm done with everything, except I'm stuck with the hyperlinking.

Thanks for the support

#2 flamelab

flamelab
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 10:37 AM

[!--quoteo(post=319436:date=Nov 17 2005, 05:21 AM:name=DontheCat)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(DontheCat @ Nov 17 2005, 05:21 AM) View Post[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I am running a Contest for the Best Blog Post on Cancer Awareness from Nov 22nd. The form on my page collects these information (field names in bracket)

1. Blogger's Name / Nick (blogger)
2. Blog Title (blogtitle)
3. URL to the actual Post (blogurl)

The data is being stored in a table called blogcontest.

What I would like to display on another page is the Blogger's Name and the Title of the Blog (of all participants). The Title should be hyperlinked to the blog post.

Howe do I do this ? I'm done with everything, except I'm stuck with the hyperlinking.

Thanks for the support
[/quote]

are anchors a solution?

#3 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 02:00 AM

What you need to do is select the text you want to hyperlink, and then make a link. By browsing to the page, you have a path. In the bottom path bar, click the button to the right to add vars that link to the blog post. Another idea is to make it a random little # link, and then edit the code to replace the hash mark with a variable from your var panel.
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users