Permission denied on unlink

Strahan

Hi.  I'm trying to make my folder management tool able to remove stuff.  Problem is, I get permission denied.

I've checked the NFTS perms for the share and for the folder.  It's also not read only.  I logged into my other workstation as the service account the web server is using and opened a DOS window and did "rd \\server\share\folder" and it removed it no problem.  It just fails in PHP.  Any idea what I should be looking at?   Thanks!

Edited by Strahan

Which web server? IIS runs as an IUSR something account (varies), Apache is probably running as LOCAL SERVICE (if configured as a service) or your user account (if not and thus you have to run it yourself every time you need it).

Whichever account it is needs delete permissions on the parent folder. Are you sure it has that?

Edited by requinix

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.