Inherited a Webmaster Position for a Site and Having Trouble Edition

drmarctagon
Go to solution Solved by drmarctagon,

So, I was given the task of editing a website. It was done in PHP for the most part.

If you visit the page http://cre-finance.com/?Contact-Us, I'm attempting to edit the contact info at the bottom but I have no idea where to find it in the website files. If you the view the source, it's right there like it's taunting me  but none of the php files have that info in it. There is a contactus.php (I attached the code for it) but all it has is the code for the form at the bottom of the Contact Us page.

I've noticed references to "?p=Contact-Us" in the source, and also in the sitemap.xml file but I have no idea what that really means because there are no other "contactus" pages other than the one I mentioned above. I guess I'm not really looking for help with actual coding but perhaps to be pointed in the right direction to edit that information.

HELP!

contact_us.php

Is that supposed to be '?php=Contact-Us' ?

Look for lines beginning with 'include' or 'require'.  Those are files of code being injected into the main script that probably contain what you are looking for.  Add an echo statement in front of each include and then run it in your test environment to see what shows up before the content you want to edit.

No, it's '?p=Contact-Us'.

I didn't find any  'include' or 'require' lines. Even if you look in the php code above, you'll find <action="?p=Contact-Thank-You"> which refers to another page that I can't find or is it not a page. It's almost like it's referring to something that isn't there but obviously it's there because the page works.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.