Adding a database to an existing php test site

ChanhaLzkie

Hello and good day to all of you :)
I have passed my midterms project(Online Shopping) with a score of 94 in PHP ( Click here to see file ) ( Sorry if the design is too ugly, I'm just new in programming XD )
Now our finals project will be a PHP site again but now with a database in it..

So instead of making a new project/design for a site, why not just add a database to my existing midterms?
I would like to ask for some help here in helping me on connecting to the database, adding a database/tables and anything that would be of help like suggesting :)

Databases would be like,

- Users ( Admin and Members )

- Upper Clothing ( Shirts, Jackets, Long Sleeves, Raglan and etc )

- Lower Clothing ( Pants, Shorts, Boxers and etc )

- Stock on a current item
- Single member's Transaction History

- All user's Transaction History

Is there a way that I could add those database named above to my project?
Thank you in advance!

for your database tables, you should have a category table, with a category id and the category name (i.e. Shirts, Jackets, Long Sleeves, Raglan, Pants, Shorts, Boxers and etc) and an item table, with an item id, category id, item name, and item description.

you would also have only one transaction history table.

as to "helping me on connecting to the database, adding a database/tables", that is basic, prerequisite, information that you would be expected to learn first before you attempt to design any code that requires the use of a database.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.