change link every other click on page

GeorgeFowler

Every other time a user/users click on a link I want the link to change to a different url the next time a user clicks onto that link.

For example two links

url1.html

url2.html

url1.html shows up when a user clicks that link the link auto changes to then when a new user clicks the linke url2.html then back to url1.html and so on?

Don't know where to start on how I would do this let alone have the server remember to keep which ever link to be held for the next user?

Is this link on the page at all times?  Meaning - when they click the link and it goes to url 1, does the link still show up on wherever url1 is?  Or do they end up somewhere else and you want to remember where they went so that if and when they use this starting page again, you can direct them to url2 the second time?

I want it so on page load the server can deside which url was last posted and clicked this way the other url can be posted this time in the clickable link onto that page.

Basically I have a regular link on the page and I want every other user that clicks that link to be sent to an ad while the other half of users clicks go through content.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.