AUTO-CRUD

umbrella_thing

It's not real nice but I am working on one.  When I started I could not really find any other code that did what I wanted so I figured it would be a good learning experience for me, since I don't write php for a living and don't get much practice.  After starting and finiding out it is referred to as "CRUD scaffolding" I have found others but they have taken different approaches (probably better).  If you want to give mine a spin check it out here http://www.iobe.net/proj/ if not just google "CRUD scaffolding" and search around.

-John

Now you're hitting on the true benefit of OOP design. With every new project I abstract as many classes as I possibly can so with new ones it is VERY quick to get exsiting features back up and running, and all I have to do is extend them to fit the current need.

After about 5 or 6 projects, you'll be surprised at how much reusable code you have!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.