index.php Not Displaying And...

Mattyd100

I am working on a project and have been doing some research.

One thing I have noticed are tutorials calling for saving the index file in .php.

I tried this and when loading the file, the result is a blank page.

I do not understand why people are suggesting this or, perhaps, I am mising something.

And now, what is also happening is that when I load the index.php page it automatically loads my index.html holding page instead. I find this behavior very odd and have no idea why it is occurring.

Here is the link to my index.php page - Notice the behavior when it jumps to index.html:

http://www.redlinedown.com/index.php

Any suggestions or advice you be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew

What's in your index.php?

Not happening for me.

My index.php file is a clone of my index99.html test page. Both are the same: They contain a form and a connection to a DB. It is still in production. The .html page works fine, but the reason I am trying to use an index.php file is because someone suggested I do that in order to get my include files to work/be displayed, but they are not being displayed.

What is not happening for you? Do you mean that the page does not automatically redirect to the index.html holding page? It does this every time for me.

Thank you,

Matthew

My index.php file is a clone of my index99.html test page. Both are the same: They contain a form and a connection to a DB. It is still in production. The .html page works fine, but the reason I am trying to use an index.php file is because someone suggested I do that in order to get my include files to work/be displayed, but they are not being displayed.

Now that you've announced your index99.html, you should take it down. I can see your code. And database credentials.

What is not happening for you? Do you mean that the page does not automatically redirect to the index.html holding page?

Right. Blank page every time.

Normally a blank page is the result of a parse error; as it so happens, line 199 is missing a semicolon and the if block on line 229 is unfinished. You should be getting error messages about this, and if not right on the page (a bad idea in production) then in some error logs.

You also need to learn about SQL injection. It's a bad thing and you're vulnerable to it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.