How do I turn off error reporting in the php.ini file

ronc0011

How do I turn off error reporting in the php.ini file I’m working on some Wordpress exorcises and I’m getting these PHP errors which are messing up the display of my Wordpress dashboard causing the bottom half of the page to be inaccessible. I can’t navigate around the page because of the PHP error display. I’ve never been clear about where this is controlled, but I guess it’s time to track it down. The errors are displayed as a table with orange field backgrounds. Pretty vibrant display actually. Unfortunately it’s messing up my Wordpress Dashboard. So I need to turn it off so I can go in and deactivate the plugin that’s causing it.

Actually display errors is already set to off

I didn’t think I was actually using XDebug I think it got installed when I was working out my Apache, MySQL, PHP setup. In the end I installed everything separately / individually and I went with Visual Studio with PHP Tools for Visual Studio. In the beginning I was looking at Zend, and Netbeans and everything else. So anyway I’ve been doing all of my developing without using any debugging and just running my pages in a browser on localhost. Though I did find an information box telling me that Xdebug was running. Apparently I selected “Start with Debugging” from the Debug menu.

Honestly I’ve never tried to learn anything about XDebug though I have tried to find out if there is a way to get Visual Studio to point to my Apache install as it debug server.

So if Xdegug is already set to off I wonder what else can turn off Xdebug or I guess I could just uninstall it. Wonder how that’s done. There’s probably documentation on that on their website or some where.

But Thank you for your reply.

Cool I got it. Turns out I still had all the versions that ship with PHP including the production version the development version and just plan php.ini

Turns out I originally made the changes in the production version. As soon as I made the changes to php.ini it all worked just fine.

Cool because I may still want to make use of XDebug before it’s all said and done.

Much thanks to everyone for your help

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.