Php bookmark application

Tech991

I to all. I'm a beginner in web development. After a week I'm trying to build a bookmark system but for the moment I don't find solution. The idea is to give to the users the possibility to bookmark a link (SELECT from a database build in MYSQL).

I saw that I need to do a call function (with an Ajax Request) that INSERT this data in a new bookmark table.

I found this easy example (http://www.asif18.com/21/php/simple-on-click-edit-in-jquery-ajax-php-simple-php-data-grid/) that insert “input” data in a table. I need to do the same function but that INSERT data SELECT from database.
After hours of work to trying to change this source code the only thing that do is insert blank data.
I don't know if this, is the right way to do a bookmark application. I really appreciate if anyone can help me or give an example or a resource code.

Sorry for my hard explication. I'm trying to do a bookmark system. I have an intern search engine that SELECT some data from a database build in MYSQL and show these as link where you can click on and view more information as document. I want to add the possibility to the user putting a star button near the link to bookmark.

I found 2 ways that I think to do the bookmark system:

1- Give the possibility to the user that when click on bookmark button to add this on a bookmark table. 

2- When the user click on button add data to a the bookmark browser with a javascript as this (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10033215/how-do-i-add-an-add-to-favorites-button-or-link-on-my-website). I think is the easiest solution but I'm not sure what can do the correct way to this.

Any advice is welcome:)

Well, you need to decide which of those you want. The first is self-contained to your application, but someone has to go to it before they can see their "bookmarks" - typically called "favorites" instead, to avoid confusion. The second means the user has a link in their browser they can click from anywhere, but if a user has a lot of bookmarks then that could be awkward for them to deal with.

Note that this isn't a technical question. It's about what your users need and want to be able to do.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.