Uploading pdf to folder below public_html with php

bambinou1980

Hello,

I am on a shared server and currently developing an app where the admin can upload pdf to a folder.

My first problem is that the upload won't happen if this folder is not CHMOD777. But because it is a shared server I am quiet limited with what I can do.

My second problem is that I would prefer to have the upload folder below the root level, what can I do for this to happen code wise please? Shall I just treat it as as a normal upload?

Thank you,

Ben

This means that every single guy who ask a question about coding(for guidance) because they are not really sure about the best solution to adopt should actually never post in forum because there is a PHP manual out there......How stupid I am...really sorry. I could not have worked this one by myself, thanks again mate, you are the best.........

yes, you are exactly pointing to what i just said, " the guys there have answered everything, so now we can move forward.... ".

I never said it matters where I am getting help from, I was pointing to the other forum just to say that the problem has been resolved and that we could all move on.

Edited by bambinou1980

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.