Final Fantasy 12

steelmanronald06

Just got the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XII

It says that normal game play is 55 hours and sidequest is about 100 hours.  I plan on doing it all in about 60 Hours. Wish me luck!

Has anyone else gotten it/ordered it/played it?  It was giving a 40/40..First game to ever get that from this jap magazine!  Crazy Graphics! Can't wait till christmas when I can pop it in my PS3 and see it on my HD-TV :)

Oh, yea, it's actually the first game I've preordered and purchased full price in quite a while. I got the full collector's edition with the DVD and all. I will tell you this, if you're going after all the side quests (hunts and whatnot), you'll definitely take more than 60 hours! I haven't had nearly the time to play that I'd like, but it is awesome.

As for the battle system, I couldn't stand it when I started, but it definitely grows on you. It's awesome now, though. I love the way it's so much faster than before. You can still wait for your turns, but the gambit system rocks. Also, I like being able to take bosses down in a matter of 5-10 minutes instead of 20-30 like in FFVII, too.

@neylitalo - There is [b]no such thing[/b] as too much final fantasy! When I finish XII this first time through, I'll be breaking it out with a strategy guide and playing it again to make sure I got everything mastered.

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=117900.msg481325#msg481325 date=1165611269]
I preordered it, but I didn't have to pay full price for it. My mom owns a video store and I saved about twenty bucks! :)
[/quote]

You rot, man! LOL ... I'm trying not to be jealous about now ;)

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=117900.msg481371#msg481371 date=1165614556]
Had to take a break. my eyes were hurting :(
[/quote]

So... how much time do you have so far? I've still only got about 12 hours into it :( ... and I've had it since the day it came out! Never have time to play once you've got kids!

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=117900.msg481378#msg481378 date=1165615340]
I'm less than an hour into it, leveled up 3 times, and almost found the boy in the Sunstone field.  Which is pretty good since it is about 1 hour 30 minutes to get to the Sunstone field. :)  I am a good strategist.
[/quote]

And how do you know that? Are you using the strategy guide your first time through? It only took me about an hour to get the sunstone, too, actually... a word of warning, though: [b]don't even go near the Werewolves yet[/b]... they'll knock you out in one hit at this level

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=117900.msg481499#msg481499 date=1165629837]
I don't buy the guide till I beat it the first time :)
[/quote]
Good man... so my question stands... where did you get your "hour and a half" timeframe for the sunstone quest?

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=117900.msg481722#msg481722 date=1165683865]
Oh! Okay.  I found a timeline like thing online from RPGamer.com.  It rocks.  It shows major game events and about how many hours it should be till you reach them, using the Strategy Guide :)
[/quote]

linkie? I'd be interested to know if I'm behind or ahead of the curve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.