Need Resume Parser/Resume Extractor

shobhit123

Hi All,

I am looking for Resume Parser or resume extractor which can extract some information from resume and resume will be in (doc, pdf, docx, rtf format)

I have 20000 resume in one folder and I want all resume can be parsed at once and information to be saved in excel row by row.

The information i am looking to get in excel.
(Name, Email, Mobile Number, Address, City, State, Zip code, Skills)

Please help me in this I need this urgently.

Thanks in Advance.

Shobhit

This forum is designed to help people with problems their existing code, not make it.

First you would have to detect it's file type.

Depending what type it is handle in different ways.

For pdf need something that can read,extract,convert the pages into plain text

http://www.pdfparser.org/

Once you can extract these document types into a similar format you can save them line by line.

As for getting specific data, you can try regex and matching data, seems to me would be quite difficult to do different patterns in files because nothing would be similar named or positions. Also have to deal with languages.

An online resume form and hiring a human as data entry is most likely the best solution to this.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but surely is not going to be fast and easy.

I would bet not one CV/Resume Parser is accurate.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.