userID and memberID sessions issue

ianhaney
Go to solution Solved by mac_gyver,

Hi

So sorry, I hope this is the last issue I come across and need help

I got one side for employers and one side for candidates and both sides were using memberID so what was happening was when I was logged in as a employer, it would log in as a candidate as well so thought that was because both were using memberID so left employers as memberID and changed candidates to userID thinking would solve it but has not so only other thing I can think of is because they are using sessions to store the memberID and userID in a session or could it be of the following line being in both employer and candidate php file script

if(!$user->is_logged_in()){ header('Location: candidate-login.php'); }
if(!$user->is_logged_in()){ header('Location: employer-login.php'); }

or can I use the same $user used in both php files or would I need to change $user in candidate side so is different to the employer side

Sorry I'll try to explain it better

I login in as userA in the candidate side then if I go to login page on employee side, it thinks I am already signed in to the employee side and has taken me to the employer profile page

on employee side it thinks I am logged in as userA from when I logged into the candidate side, I have attached a couple of screenshots of me logged in on candidate profile side and employer profile side

candidate-profile-issue.jpg

employer-profile-issue.jpg

Hope that makes it easier to understand the issue I got

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.