PHP form unable to connect to phpmyadmin's mysql server

legalos77

I am in the middle of my first html/php/mysql project using xampp. I've been using this tutorial https://www.eduonix.com/blog/web-programming-tutorials/learn-submit-html-data-mysql-database-using-php/  on forms to try to create a working connection between my form and the database I've created evidenced by these pictures. http://imgur.com/a/7l5Ye

I think everything is coded correctly in the files but for some reason, I am still unable to connect to the custom database I created for my form, as evidenced by the error in the last picture. I've triple checked username and hostname for my phpmyadmin's mysql server, and not sure why it's not connecting my php file to the database. Any insight as to what is causing the error would be extremely helpful. Thanks.

Yes, I saw that when I opened up phpmyadmin for first time and seeing a red line with a warning that there was no password, so I went in and added a password for 127.0.0.1, localhost. I can try to remove it and deleting the password from connect function to see if that works.

Ok, I'll check the tutorial out.

Edited by legalos77

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.